Sep 17, Oct 15, Nov 19, 2015
Jan 21, Feb 18, Mar 17, Apr 21, May 19, 2016
Development and Opportunity (CAN DO!)
Services Agency (RESA)
What is LEAD?
LEAD is a year‐long leadership training program designed for residents of Eaton County who are
interested in developing or strengthening their leadership skills. The program is made up of a series of half‐day Modules, once a month from September through May:
• Leadership Spirit and Style (Sep 17)
• Character and Culture in the Workplace (Oct 15)
• Money Matters for Leaders (Nov 19)
• Communicating and Connecting (Jan 21)
• Building Blocks of Teamwork (Feb 18)
• Surprising Evidence About Generosity and
Leadership (Mar 17)
• Leadership Solutions and Innovation (Apr 21)
• Developing Strengths—Yours and Others (May 19)
Learning with LEAD
LEAD will employ a variety of learning techniques including :
• Small‐group discussion
• Interactive learning
• Case study
Who Should Attend?
• Newly promoted or appointed manager or leader
• New team or project leader
• Anyone who aspires to a leadership position
• Public and private sector leaders
• Experienced manager or executive seeking to refresh leadership skills
Each letter in the program title represents a significant part of leadership.
Learn—leaders must be life‐long learners, continually gaining new knowledge and skills.
Engage—leaders must be involved in their work and create an environment where others can focus their attention and interest.
Advance—leaders are catalysts for professional development who promote the mission and vision of the organization.
Direct—leaders organize and energize processes and people, and empower others to share responsibilities and successes.
Why Should You Attend?
Whether you are an employee considering attending the LEAD Program, or an employer interested in sending one or more employees, LEAD is designed:
• To increase leadership capacity
• To develop effective leadership style, strengths and skills
• To apply leadership in your work, community, or volunteer position
• To support a “community of leaders,” as well as “leaders for our communities”
What do past participants say about LEAD?
“Leadership is not about being in charge. Leadership is about growing, teaching & mentoring.”
“I have been able to relate what I’ve learned to real life. Thank you to all our speakers and CAN DO! for a great program.”
“I was challenged with stepping out of my comfort zone.”
“I highly recommend LEAD to future potential participants. It is well worth the time commitment and an excellent resource for expanding your network with some great individuals.”
Register at: charlottecando.org/lead
Payment mailed to:
CAN DO! Leadership
PO Box 176
Charlotte, MI 48813
LEAD modules will be offered once a month, starting in September 2015.
Most of the Modules will be held at the Eaton Regional Education Service Agency. You will be notified of alternative locations ahead of time. Modules are from 7:45 AM‐12:00 PM with continental breakfast and working lunch.
Cost per attendee is $225 for the entire 2015‐2016 LEAD program. Scholarship information available upon request.
Click the link to download the brochure: 2015-2016 LEAD Brochure
Special thanks to our sponsors!